Sunday, October 28, 2007

Primary Funnies

I know that I have written some posts on the funny things that I hear kids say, but I'm going to post another one. I'm around children all the time between work and my calling in primary. Today in Primary, we were playing a game of General Authority Jeopardy. The Final Jeopardy answer was Cheryl Lant. I was looking for the question "Who is the general primary president?" So I let each class come up with a response. I turned to the CTR 8's, and one little boy had his hand up and looked very confident in his answer. So I called on him. He then said, "I know this one. Who is the Bishop?" I got a good chuckle out of that answer. I've never known a Bishop name Cheryl, but whatever.
The next funny came during junior primary sharing time. The teacher was giving a lesson on obedience. They discussed the people that we need to be obedient to and the places where we need to be obedient. She asked, "What could happen if we aren't obedient to the laws like speed limits and stopping at stop signs?" "We could get in a crash. We could get hurt." Then she asked, "What happens if we aren't obedient in Primary?" One little girl responded without missing a beat, "We die." I started laughing and the teacher let out a little laugh too then said, "Well, if that really happened, we would definitely want to be good and obedient in primary." It was hilarious!

2 comments:

Nichole said...

You guys ask tough questions. I wouldn't know who Cheryl Lant is off the top of my head either. But, I don't think my first guess would be the bishop:) That's cute. Never a dull moment in Primary.

Emilee said...

Kids say the funniest things. Thanks for sharing. That was great!