About once a year the Dickens get together and do a family vacation. This year they decided to get together in Florida during Thanksgiving where both of Noel's grandparents live as well as his aunt Gayle and cousin Scotty and his wife and children. Noel had not been to Florida to visit his grandparents, aunt, and cousin since he returned from his mission and was excited to see them and the changes in their lives. The following post is series of pictures from the vacation.
However, before the pictures begin, we would like to take the time to go over a list of things we are grateful for.
1. Our marriage - We are eternally grateful to have been married in the temple and enjoy the blessings of an eternal marriage. Nothing is better than family prayer together at night after a long day...Love you Amber.
2. Greg aka. G-reg, Gregorio, Chachi, Turbo-(man) - Our lives have forever been changed...luckily for the better :) We love you Greg.
3. Family - just as Nephi said that he was born of goodly parents, so have Amber and I been blessed to count Gordon, Lynne, Susan, and Paul as our parents...we love you! We also wish to tell our siblings how much we love them and miss their presence in our lives. We wish you the best and hope you know we continually pray for your safety and happiness.
4. Tates Creek Ward - This really is an extension of our family. We were apprehensive about moving to Kentucky, but Noel had a strong feeling that this was where we needed to be. This ward has taken us in and treated us like family. We are grateful for the each member that has blessed our lives. We love you...you know who you are :)
5. Education - Each step our lives has been touched by learning and we are grateful for the quality of education we have received and for the chance we had to do so minus financial restrictions.
6. Home - We are grateful for the home in which we live and the relative tranquility we enjoy within its walls
8. Testimonies - This year our testimonies have grown by leaps and bounds. We wish to give gratitude for our callings in the church and friends that have strengthened our knowledge that Jesus Christ lives and that he is our redeemer. We are also grateful for the knowledge that our family will be together forever.
Now, without further ado...
Above: Grandma Dickens...sharp as a needle and ever becoming the BYU fan.
Above: Check me out...I'm on an airboat and going to whoop that gator.
Above: Greg's first swim...we hoping it would be in the ocean, but a pool will do.
Above: Our little boy and his man-boobs with aunt Maren.
Above: Amber driving the airboat and me pretending I am airport grounds crew.
Above: niece Julia...you think she is so sweet until you see...(below)
Above: She really is sweet...:)
Above: Greg loving up on his aunt Hayley...work the mullet boy...work the mullet.
Above: Pelicans trying to grab our catch after some deep sea fishing.
Above: Hip uncle Jordan and his want-a-be groupy Hayley.
Above: Two blonds conferring over whether peanut m&m's are better than original m&m's.
Above: Sunset over Marco IslandAbove: What is my mom doing to me?!?! Was that broccoli she ate last night?
Above: Beautiful people.
Above: LesliAnn and Julia checking out their future mega-yacht.
Above: Mama's boy
Above: Family - Noel's Aunt Gayle, Mike and LesliAnn (Noel's sister) with their two children Luke and Julia, Hayley (Noel's sister), Lynne, Maren (Noel's sister) and Jordan