Saturday, December 1, 2007

New Camera

I've taken a while to come into the digital camera age (I guess it's not just a fad...hehehe). I have a film camera that I got right before digital cameras became affordable. Well, I started to want a digital camera so that I wouldn't have to use Noel's huge, fancy camera or wait for my film to be all used up. Noel knew that I wanted one, so when all of the after Thanksgiving sales were going on, he ordered one on the Sears website. I was really excited about it, so I got to have it early. I LOVE IT!!!! I have been running around taking pictures like a crazy person. :)



Noel's parents, sister and grandparents came and stayed with us for Thanksgiving. It was so fun! Lynne has a good eye for decorating so we did some of that. She made us some really cool pillows for the couch.

Noel and I also decided that we wanted to paint the dining room. It was a really light cream color before. It looked nice, but I was just in a daring mood. So we painted it "sweet currant." Yes, I have a purple room, and I love it. I think it looks awesome with the wainscoting on the bottom third of the walls. We don't actually use the dining room, but it was still fun to make it "our own."
We also bought a rug and put up a mirror in our little entry way. It's fun not having to worry about a landlord getting mad at you for putting things up on the wall. :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the digital age! We weren't far ahead of you. Micah and I just got our digital camera at the beginning of the year. I think your dining room looks really cool. Do you have a dining set to go in that dining room? I'm a pretty big purple fan. I think I'm going to do our downstairs bathroom purple, but I doubt Micah will allow me to paint it sweet currant. He's not too keen on dramatic colors. I'm glad to hear your Thanksgiving was good.

Adele said...

I'm so glad you updated your blog! You know, I don't think Josh is too keen on dramatic colors, and he never would have chosen that living room color that I put in there, but I think he loves it (and so does everyone else!) I think your sweet currant is gorgeous!! I would love to do a purple wall... but I can't figure out where to do it...

Melea said...

I do love the color! It looks great! Isn't it fun to look at and admire your work too? Right after we painted our apartment I would catch myself going into each room just to look at and admire the paint and what a good job I did...I am dumb, I know :)

Adele said...

We are sooo excited to see you guys!! Hurry down for Christmas!!

Anonymous said...

So I think you and might have the same camera. Nick bought me one the day after Thanksgiving at Kmart but Sear and Kmart had the same sales. I like the purple as well and I have to say I'm a little shocked that you took that leap. It looks good!!