Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Leaving NC

Being in the military has been a great experience for us so far. It has it's perks, but it also has some downers. Moving is one of those downers. I don't like change to begin with, so having to move after only 2 years is no fun. It took me a while to get used to the culture, weather, etc. of Jacksonville, but once I did, I was in love.

We made some great friends in North Carolina. Our neighborhood was absolutely wonderful. Small, secluded, right on the water, a park in the neighborhood, and tons of kids. I loved the camaraderie. Nancy always said, "It takes a village...Thanks for being my village." It was hard to leave my village. I miss my village.

Ice cream with Elias

Evan and Patrick are 1 week apart in age. Such cute little friends.

Evan and Patrick, deep in conversation. Probably planning their escape.

Evan with the football helmet. We spent as much time as possible with Nancy and the Brown boys before we left. 

Snuggling while the packers packed up the house.

Brighton told me he wanted to go look at his Legos. I went in to check on him, and he had fallen asleep. Come to find out he was running a pretty high fever. Poor guy. Luckily, I learned from our KY move when he got strep throat and kept out the thermometer and tylenol. 

It was also hard to leave these sweet girls (Pictured: Kelly, Chloe, Nikki, Sera, Elizabeth, and Macey). I loved being in YW with them and serving with Katie and Camille.

Christina, Karin, and I were going to meet at Chick-Fil-A for one last play date with Brighton, Garek, and Koreen. When I pulled into the parking lot, I noticed some other friends' cars as well. Christina and Karin surprised me by calling other friends in the ward to come as well. 
Christina, Karin, Rebecca, Carmen, Camille, Me, Heather, Gretchen, Brynn, Amy, and Asha

See you later, Camp Lejeune!

No comments: